Why am I unable to change or enter the SIP/Telephony settings using the Setup App?
Two possible reasons why you are unable to change the SIP/Telephony settings are:
- Service Provider model instead of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) model. Your BT110 device is deployed and managed by your VoIP service providers as opposed to you purchasing the device and selecting your VoIP service provider (typically a BOYD model).
- Alexa Registration not completed. You may not have completed Alexa registration when you attempt to enter or change your SIP/Telephony settings if you purchase and own the BT110 device.
Service Provider model versus BOYD model. In general, you do not have the option to change the SIP/Telephony settings when your device is deployed and managed by your VoIP service provider. For this model, you will not be presented with the SIP setting page when you go through the BT110 device setup process using the BuddyTalk Setup App.
Alexa Registration not completed. The BuddyTalk Setup App guides you to go through the three steps described below to set up your BT110 device if you purchase/own your BT110 device and still are unable to change the SIP/Telephony settings. Please check the setup steps if you are unable to change/enter your SIP/Telephony settings using the Setup App.
- Set up your Wi-Fi. You may skip the Wi-Fi setup if you choose to connect to the network/Internet through Ethernet.
- Link your Amazon account to your BT110 device and complete the Amazon registration. This is a mandatory step for have your BT110 work properly (for Alexa Voice Service, Alexa Communication, and VoIP phone calls).
- Enter your SIP/Telephony settings and account credentials, and register to the SIP Proxy/Server Note 1. This is required for you to use the BT110 device to make and receive calls.
To enter or change your SIP/Telephone settings for your BT110 device, you need to complete your Amazon registration (Step2) first. Check if you have completed the Amazon registration and are still logged in with your Amazon account if you are unable to change your SIP/Telephony settings.
Note 1. You will not see Step 3 is your BT110 device is provided and managed by your VoIP service provider.