Can I use Ethernet and the BT110 device Web Console to set up the device without using the mobile phone Setup App?
Yes, you can set up your BT110 device via the device web console when you connect your BT110 device to the network via Ethernet. You need to prepare the following items prior to starting the setup process:
- An Amazon Alexa Account
- A VoIP Service Subscription or an IP-PBX extension
- Your device web console login credential
The setup process consists of the following steps:
- Connect the WAN interface of BuddyTalk Device to the network switch (or router) with the provided Ethernet cable. Long press the <Flash> button on the touch panel for about 3-4 seconds, the BuddyTalk IVR will announce its IP address.
- Accessing the BuddyTalk device web console, by typing https://IP-address:8080. (Replace the IP-address that you hear from the IVR announcement)
- Setting up your Wi-Fi connection (optional)
- Registering your Amazon account for Alexa authentication and registration
- Configuring Telephony/SIP settings and registering the BT110 device to the Telephony/SIP proxy/server
For details, please see BT110 Web Console based Setup Guide or visit Setting up an Ethernet Connected BT110 Device via Device Web Console.