Setting up and Deploying BT120 in a Home or an Office Environment
Now, we are starting the first step of the BT120 Setup/Deployment: Prerequisites.
Please check the following prerequisites before proceeding to deploy BT120 devices.
An Amazon Alexa Account
Have your Amazon account ready for performing registration with Amazon Voice Services (AVS). Visit https://alexa.amazon.com to create a new account if you do not have an Amazon account.
If you are using an Android smartphone for the Setup App and have the Amazon Shopping app loaded, please log off from it prior to starting the BuddyTalk Setup App.
A VoIP Service Subscription or an IP-PBX extension
You need to have a VoIP service subscription for the BT120 devices. The VoIP service can be one of the two types:
- Your enterprise is already using a VoIP service for your IP-PBX system. In such a case, the BT120 device can be configured as an IP phone extension connected to the existing IP-PBX system.
- You would like to setup the BT120 device with a VoIP service provider. In such a case, you will need to configure the BT120 device with the parameters of the VoIP service account.
You can configure the BT120 device with the VoIP service credentials either through the BuddyTalk Setup App, or using the BT110 device web console. Please prepare the following items:
- User ID and password for web GUI access to the BT120 device if you choose to use the BT120 device web console. You can find the device-dependent factory default user id/password on the label on the base of the BuddyTalk device
- SIP account to be used on the BT110 device. This may include:
- SIP account (or IP-PBX extension number)
- SIP account password, and (optionally) authentication ID
- SIP server (or IP-PBX) registration information
- Server IP address (or FQDN)
- SIP domain
- Other requirements for SIP registration – dependent on Server (or IP-PBX) settings
Download the BuddyTalk Setup App
This Setup App will assist the user to setup WiFi on the BT120 device, as well as performing other configuration steps.
- Android App. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android mobile device and search for “BuddyTalk” or “InnoMedia”. Install the BuddyTalk Setup App on your phone or tablet. The App is supported on phones and tablets running Android 4.4.4 and above.
- iOS App. Go to the Apple App Store on your iPhone and search for “BuddyTalk” or “InnoMedia”. Install the BuddyTalk Setup App on your phone or tablet. The Setup App is supported on phones and tablets running iOS version 12 and above.
The BT120 will be communicating with external services through the following ports. Please configure your firewall accordingly if you have a firewall controlling network access.
- The firewall needs to open the VoIP signaling and media destination ports if you choose to have the BT120 devices subscribe to an external VoIP service.
5060 for UDP and TCP, 5061 for TLS
UDP or TCP/TLS
Reviewing Network Architecture (Advanced options)
BT120 devices offer the following flexible network interface options to accommodate different enterprise network architectures:
- If voice and data services can be reached via the same network interface, the Redundant Network Interface mode can be chosen.
- If the voice network (either through the internal IP-PBX or the external service provider) is isolated from the data network, the Dual-Homed Network Interface mode can be chosen.
- If voice and data services can be reached via the same network interface, but the enterprise firewall does not allow VoIP packets (either signaling or media or both) to go through, the VPN Enterprise Network Traversal mode can be chosen with the routing table set to have the blocked VoIP packets go through the VPN tunnel.
- The enterprise internal LAN uses VLAN switches to segregate voice and data LAN traffic. In such a case, the VLAN Tagging mode on the BT120 device can be enabled.